Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday (on Wednesday)

So yesterday, I didn't have a chance to blog for Fat Tuesday....so here it is today on WEDNESDAY! :)

This week I have been helping out at Soccer Camp for my church. Mind you, it has been almost 10 years since the last time I kicked a soccer ball. I was a little intimidated at first, especially since I was "coaching" with a girl who played all through college. But apparently, playing soccer is like riding a bike...you just don't forget. It felt so good to be doing something that I used to love so much. It felt so familiar and it made me feel good.

So what does all of that have to do with Fat Tuesday? Well, if you know anything at all about the game of soccer, you will know that it is a VERY physically demanding game. As much as I hate running and exercising, I LOVE playing soccer. So, it got me thinking that I need to start incorporating things I enjoy doing into my workout routine. If the kids, Matt and I went out to a field and ran around with a soccer ball for an hour, the whole family would get a good cardio workout while spending time together and having fun all at the same time. You really can't beat that....3 stones in one!

So my challenge to you, this week, is to get outside with your family or friends, and do something you love. Go swimming, play a game of basket ball or (like in my case) kick around a soccer ball. You will be burning calories and having fun all at the same time! :)

Current weight: 196 (i lost 2 lbs!)
Goal next week 193

1 comment:

  1. Woooooo hoooo congratulations!!!!! 2 lbs! I love your challenge this week :) I know here in SD we have adult leagues for sports are there any in FLW? that would be a nice motivation and it would be cool to be on a team again!! PS. we have a wedding in JC in August... you know what that means! i get to see you too! ( as long as mikes schedule allows us to go!)

    love u and proud of u.

    ReplyDelete