Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sunscreen Beware!

I took Grayson to the pool on Sunday and put the Coppertone baby sunscreen on him. Almost immediately, he broke out in HIVES all over his face and neck, his nose started running, his eyes got watery and red. I was so freaked out! I immediately tried to wash it off, but because it was waterproof, I couldn't get it off completely.




I wasn't sure what to do, so I posted about it on Facebook. One girl told me that she only used Aveno for babies. So, I went to Wal-Mart and got some. Today, we went to the pool again, and I put it on him. It was GREAT! No hives, no red eyes and NO SUN BURN!!! I met a lady that said she also knows someone who's baby had an allergic reaction to the Coppertone. I'm totally not hating on the Coppertone, by any means, but it must have SOMETHING in it that is causing this. I plan on doing some research on the ingredients listed to conclude what caused my boy to break out like that, then I can avoid ALL products with that particular ingredient. I will post an update when I search further for an answer. In the mean time I am just so thankful to have found a sunscreen that works, as we plan to spend LOTS of time outside this summer.

1 comment: