Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fat Tuesday

Okay, so I know I said I was gonna be patient with myself through this whole weightloss thing but MAN it takes forever!! Isn't it funny how in a day I can gain 5 lbs. but it takes me 2 weeks to lose those 5 lbs. The fact is, that TRUE weightloss only happens over time. Because of this, I have concluded that I need to small weekly goals. That way there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

This week's Fat Tuesday Challenge is to try this recipe for a Green Smoothie that I got from The Beauty Detox Solution by Kimberly Snyder ( http://www.kimberlysnyder.net/blog/tag/the-beauty-detox-solution/ ). Don't be turned off by the ingredients. At first, I totally thought it was gonna be hard to swallow, but I was pleasantly suprised at how tasty it actually is!!! It's also a really GREAT way to get in your daily veggies!!!

Yields 60 oz. (one serving is approx. 16oz. you can refrigerate or freeze leftovers)


Ingredients
1 1/2 C. Water
1 Head Chopped Romaine Lettuce
1/2 Bag of baby spinach
3 Stalks of Celery
1 Apple cored and chopped
1 Pear cored and chopped
1 Banana
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Directions:
1. Add the first 3 ingredients to your blender and blend on a low speed until smooth.
2. Next add the celery, apple, and pear at a higher speed.
3. Last, add the banana and lemon juice
4. ENJOY!!!

This Weeks Goals:
1. To lose 3 lbs. by next Tuesday
2. To replace lunch, everyday, with a yummy green smoothie!!
3. To workout 6 days this week!

Weight to date: 197

1 comment:

  1. Just take it a day at a time! And don't beat yourself up if it doesn't turn out exactly how you wanted it to...I've learned that if I get too disappointed in myself, I tend to give up and gain it all back again. I don't do crash diets, or stop myself from having what I want. I just eat foods in moderation and make healthier choices. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete