Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bye Bye Facebook.....For Now

Starting at 5:00 this afternoon, I will be taking a sabbatical from facebook for the summer. I have a few personal reasons, but the main one is that I just spend so much time checking up on other people, that I feel like I am letting this precious time of raising little ones pass by. I was looking at old pictures from when we first moved here to FLW, and I realized how much my girls have grown since then. Regan was just 3 and Jordan was 18 months. I was shocked at how fast the time has gone by, and it made me reflect on the past 3 years. I realized that I have not done enough to soak up every minute of this time in their lives. Part of that is because of facebook. I spend way too much time on here mesmerized by what everyone in the world is doing. It is almost like an addiction...a trance of sorts. I am hoping that this 3 month break will make me less enthralled with this social network and more plugged into the three most important little people in my life!  I do love the connection I get with my close friends and family, so that is why I am going to continue my blog. Please pardon the way it looks right now as it is under cosmetic construction....but, I do hope that the people who are interested in what we are doing will take a minute and read my posts each day. I promise to post pictures as often as I can. I plan on doing something fun each day this summer with the kids. So, I am sure I will have lots to write about and even more pictures to post. Follow the blog by typing in your email address at the top of my site...that way, you will get notified every time I post something new. Also, I plan to share all of my posts on facebook, because I can do that by clicking share and I never even have to log in. I do hope everyone enjoys their summer as much as I will. See you in August!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment