Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fat Tuesday

Well, it's Tuesday again. This week, I started training for a 5k. I have never run in a real race before, I thought I'd start small and work my way up. After I complete a 5k, I'd like to train for a 10K and then a half marathon. I don't think I want to do a full marathon, although, who knows how I will feel after running a half. When I was running before, (pre Grayson pregnancy) fat was just melting off of my body. It was amazing. I do hope to lose weight (LOTS OF WEIGHT) but more importantly, I want to be in good physical shape.

Today, I ran about 2.7 miles in 30 minutes. My goal is to get up to 3 miles in 30 minutes. I believe that is a reasonable goal :). My food today, consisted of eggs with hot sauce for breakfast, coffee (can't seem to give it up), lunch meat, celery, zucchini, carrots, and honey dew melon for lunch, a chocolate no-bake cookie for snack (okay I gave in to temptation....but I just had ONE!!!), and chicken for dinner. Breakfast and lunch were GREAT, but I admit, I may have eaten a little too much for dinner and the cookie was a fail on my part....BUT....May we all be reminded that not long ago, I would have eaten 3 or 4 cookies, and done bad for breakfast and lunch too. SO....I AM doing better. I did REALLY good yesterday (almost perfect) and I can do even better tomorrow. And I don't feel like I totally failed today. ANYWAY..........

MY challenge this week is for everyone to go check out the couch to 5k running program at http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml and give it a whirl!


1 comment:

  1. Eating a cookie isn't failing! Don't deny yourself all the pleasures of life or you WILL fail. Biologically, we are wired to crave sugars and fats. It's only natural. So give in to the craving, in moderation :)

    ReplyDelete