Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

One very hard part of being a military wife is packing up and leaving home. When we left South Carolina 3 years ago, it was hard. I missed my friends and family like crazy. No amount of time can change that. Now, 3 years later, I still miss them all very much. Living so far away, I have to make hard decisions concerning visits home and stuff. One super hard choice I had to make recently was to miss my best friend's wedding. When I made the decision, initially, I knew that missing the wedding would suck, but I didn't expect it to suck this bad. I wish I could have been there...I really really do. I know she was upset when the news broke that we were not coming. Understandably. She says she is no longer upset about it, but I have not heard from her in a few weeks, and I can't help but feel like she is still mad. I have two other friends who I have not spoken to either, in a while. I cant help but feel like I am losing them. I don't want to grow apart... I love them, and can't imagine my life without them in it. Seeing them having fun there makes me sad. I miss those times. This is confusing for me....am I just being a crazy person, or what? What can I do to hold on to the precious friendships that I hold so dear to my heart. Going home more than once a year is out of the question right now, since we live 17 hours away. I don't neccisarily live in a fabulously exciting place for them to come and visit...although, they are welcome to come any time. I know that leaving home and moving on is what people do. Especially people in the military. And I have made GREAT friends here, and I look forward to creating new bonds with new people for the rest of my life, but no bond will ever replace the life long bonds that I have made with my girls back home. Anyway, I am having a bit of a pity party tonight becasue I am so very sad that I missed my best friend's wedding yesterday. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment