Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Where You Go I'll Go

This morning, I read the book of Ruth in the Bible. I LOVE that story! If you have not read it, you really should. It is a very short book in the Bible, but the story is touching and has big meaning.

It is about a woman named Naomi who had 2 sons. Her sons both were married and before they were able to bear children wih their wives, both of them died. When Naomi's sons died, she told her 2 daughters in laws to go home back to their families and start over. One of the daughters in laws did as she was told, but Ruth refused. She wanted to stay with Naomi, even if it meant she would not ever be married again. So, faithfully, she followed Naomi. The two women lived together and a little while later Ruth met a man named Boaz. The two got married and Ruth gave birth to a baby boy named Obed.

First of all, the summary I just gave is just that...a summary. The story itself is much more in depth. What I love the most about the whole story is how Ruth's faithfulness to her mother in law was rewarded with God's blessings in more ways than one. It would have been so much easier for her, I am sure, to just have gone home. But, becasue she was committed to her husband and his mother, she chose to take her chances and follow Naomi instead. Because of that, she was able to meet Boaz and fall in love all over again and have a baby....Obed....who happens to be the grandfather of King David who happens to be in the family line of Jesus himself! Now tell me that God did not have his hand in THAT!!!!

I feel like I can relate to Ruth in a way.....As a military wife, I am called to follow my husband wherever he goes. Like Ruth, I have to have faith that God knows what he is doing and that HIS plans are bigger than mine. Sometimes, just going home WOULD be easier. But, what blessings will I miss out on if I take the easy road? Our husbands need to know that we will follow them...wherever they go. He IS my family now, and God will bless me for being faithful to him.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I am honestly glad I came across your blog. I've been looking for other women who have men out... I felt very alone... This post was just what I needed to hear. Thank you! :)
    My blog is currently private, but if you want to see it let me know. I've posted all my experiences with the military and what not on there.
    http://marieslegacy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete